Don't know why, but I am always curious (nosey, if I'm not being polite) about people's living / working arrangements.
So I thought I’d better give you that chance too - hence this is the moment for YOU all to have a snoop around MY studio, (I do actually have 2 rooms, I'm spoiled), and see what's what - what I do and how I do it...
But in return, you have to chat - to me, and your compadres in the studio :-) Tell me, and them about your passions, your aims, ambitions, current work, ideas and plans. But cas(ual) - just like you were having a drink with a mate in a bar….
Is this sounding a bit like a ‘networking’ event?!
God forbid that I use that term, (it has bad connotations for me!), but I just like the idea of those with similar interests / passions being able to talk to each other - it’s not often that we ’creatives’ (designers / makers / visual artists / writers / musicians who are usually head down, concentrated frown over whatever it is we’re doing), actually get together at the same time in one place and TALK and oooooo, have a laugh, even….
But of course that certainly doesn’t rule out non creatives - the more the merrier, I say, and hey, it’s Christmas, so we’re all supposed to be JOLLY…
And if you enjoy this, please let me know, and we’ll do it again :-)
What you can see / hear / do at the studio:
• look at my small but beautiful vintage clothing collection
• see some sculptural 3D Japanese pattern cutting examples in calico
• see my oil pastel drawings and oil paintings - new project!
• hear some of J & I’s & others' music playing on the sound system
• although I don't really have 'festive' goods for sale I will have my lovely gift vouchers, if you're stuck for a present for someone into pattern cutting & making clothes, and also A4 and A3 mounted prints of some of my fashion design drawings.
• eat and drink! (nibbles, stollen, mince pies, wine, spirits, coffee, tea etc….anything your heart desires, within reason :-))
Here's where I am, and where to come www.bobbiesroom.co.uk/contact, or just phone 07941 619992, and hope to see you on the 17th Dec!